Quad biking has been gaining popularity over the recent years with many experienced and younger drivers enjoying the thrill of the ride. However, the rate of stolen ATVs has also increased across the UK and and once your Quad Bike is gone, it can be difficult, if not nearly impossible, to ever get it back.
Did you know? Less then 5% of stolen Off-road vehicles are ever recovered. (TER report)
Whether it’s urban or rural, more and more people are becoming victims of quad bike theft, with Quad bikes and ATV’s known as “hot property” by the UK police. PC Mark Godsland, Divisional Crime Prevention Design Advisor from the Gloucestershire Constabulary said; ‘Quad bikes can be a valuable commodity for thieves and it’s therefore very important that owners make sure that they are secured properly’.
The Asgard team have combined their experience from the secure garden storage unit range to respond to demand from the owners of Quad bikes and motorcycles to provide a convenient yet secure outdoor storage unit to store your bikes. With this in mind, the team have designed the Asgard Quad Bike Storage Unit, an outdoor all-metal outdoor unit giving you safe and secure storage of expensive ATVs, Quad bikes and off road motorcycles.
Store your precious ATV out of sight in the secure Quad Bike Storage Unit.
The Asgard Quad Bike Storage Unit is built from thick, heavy gauge galvanised (weather proof) steel panels with an integral ramp and convenient large double door access. With security as the main focus, this unit is fitted with a unique 5-point locking system, featuring reinforced hinges and doors for maximum security. This UK designed and manufactured ATV storage shed is an exceptionally versatile storage unit suitable for both domestic and commercial storage of ATV, Quad bikes and off road vehicles.
Don’t let it happen to you
You may think that it could never happen to you, but stay on the safe side by ensuring you follow these basic safety precautions as recommended by Nationwide Insurance:
1. Keep your ATV in a locked garage on your property. If you must park outside, make sure the area is well-lit. Thieves look for easy targets and lighting can be a deterrent.
2. Keep the key separate from the ATV . This simple step prevents ride-away theft.
3. Consider aftermarket options such as a disc lock, which prevents wheels from moving without a key, or an alarm system.
4. Invest in a bike chain, particularly one that can stand up to bolt cutters. Chain your ATV to a U-bolt or another secure object, such as a Ground Anchor.
5. Keep the serial number and photos of your vehicle on file. These items help police identify stolen property and assist you should you need to make an insurance claim.
And don’t forget – by using a secure storage unit for your vehicle, you may be able to qualify for a discounted insurance on your Quad bikes and ATV’s, check with your insurance company to find out more.
For more information about the Asgard ATV Storage unit, visit www.asgardsss.co.uk
Filed under: ATV security locks, ATV storage unit, bike cable lock, bike chain lock, bike D lock, bike locks, Bike locks/security, Bike storage, Offroad vehicles storage, Quad bike garage, Quad bike security, Quad bike security storage, Secure storage, Storing your bike | Tagged: ATV storage unit, Bike Security, Bike storage, bikes, Outdoor Storage, QUad bike secure shed, quad bike security, Secure storage | Leave a Comment »